How You Can Help
"Anything you can do is a BIG help - fostering, transporting, assisting with fund raisers, newsletters, etc. Even if it is merely giving a few bucks to help us continue our mission to help the red dogs. We GREATLY appreciate anything any of you can do to help us all!"
~Teila Gilchrist, President/CEO CWVRG, Inc.
1. Foster a Vizsla. Afraid to be a Foster because you'll fall in love with your Foster Dog? Of course, you will. It happens to all of us with nearly EVERY dog we foster. But, it's okay to love your Foster Dog! It teaches them love in return. By Fostering, YOU have saved a life! By letting them go to a wonderful new home, you give them a new life and YOU can save another life. Many Dogs need YOU! They need and want your love! It builds great character and is great for one's soul.
If you are afraid to foster because you don't know what to do or how to do it - don't worry - we'll be there with you every step of the way. You will be assigned a "Foster Mentor" who will help you. If you have any questions or concerns you can call your Mentor at any time or you can call Teila or Jerry. We are happy to help you help us and our beloved red dogs! Without Foster Homes, we (CWVRG) couldn't have saved lives such as Faith (the logo dog), Noah, Sidney, Enzo, Amber, Maggie, Tess, Chevy, and so many others! Please consider becoming a CWVRG Foster Home today! Join our Family!
2. You can donate in memory of your beloved red dog(s). If you choose to help in that special way we will add you and your special family member’s name to our “In Memoriam” page.
3. We have a “Sponsor a Vizsla” program. This enables you to provide assistance to a special needs dog. Just click here to go to the “Sponsor a Vizsla” page to read about our special needs dogs.
4. Purchase items from our "Roo Roos and Wiggle Butts" gift shop. 100% of the profits go to help our rescued Vizslas and Vizsla mixes.
5. Purchase items through AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support CWVRG every time you shop, at no cost to you. You’ll find the exact same prices, selection and convenience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Colorado Wyoming Vizsla Rescue Group. To shop through Amazon Smile, just go to www.smile.amazon.com. On your first visit to AmazonSmile you will need to select Colorado Wyoming Vizsla Rescue Group as the cause you wish to support. You only have to select CWVRG once then it will keep your choice each time you use AmazonSmile. When you shop you will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages.
6. Purchase your needed pet-related items through the Petango Store. The Petango store has items such as dog food, supplies, bedding and many other items to choose from. If you purchase items through the Petango Store and specify Colorado Wyoming Vizsla Rescue Group, Inc. a portion of your purchase will be donated to CWVRG! This is an easy way to purchase items that you need anyway and to help CWVRG in the process. Just click this button to enter The Petango Shop.
Support Colorado/Wyoming Vizsla Rescue Group when you search the Web or shop online with Goodsearch.
6. Use Goodsearch to conduct your online searches. Choose "Colorado Wyoming Vizsla Rescue Group - CWVRG" as your cause and each time you conduct a search using GoodSearch money is donated to CWVRG. You only have to select CWVRG once then it will keep your choice each time you use GoodSearch. This is an easy way to generate money to help our Vizslas in need. You need to search anyway so why not help out while you're at it.
Purchase almost anything you need through Goodsearch.. Their "GoodShop" menu item gives you the opportunity to access BestBuy, Barnes & Noble, Nordstroms, JCPenney, NeimanMarcus, ToysRUs, Shutterfly, the Apple Store, Staples, eBay, Old Navy, Victoria's Secret, Holiday Inn Express, 1-800 Flowers, Amazon and many, many other online stores, Choose "Colorado Wyoming Vizsla Rescue Group - CWVRG" as your cause and each time you conduct a search using GoodSearch a percentage of your purchase price is donated to CWVRG. You only have to select CWVRG once then it will keep your choice each time you use GoodShop. This is an easy way to generate money to help our Vizslas in need. You need to search anyway so why not help out while you're at it.
7. Another shopping option is Helping Udders. Helping Udders has many dog-related items available, including Vizsla collars, and anywhere from 10-50% of the purchase price goes back to CWVRG!!! Just click on the button below and be sure to specify CWVRG when placing your order! When shopping make sure to click on the "Choose Your Rescue" button and go to "Breed Specific Rescues" and highlight and copy Colorado/Wyoming Vizsla Rescue Group. The site will ask you to paste the name in when you are registering.
8. Send a check (made payable to CWVRG, Inc.) or anything else you might wish to donate to:
15837 W 95th Ave
Arvada, CO 80007
Make sure to enter on the check memo line if it is a general donation, if you wish it to be applied to the care of a specific foster dog or if it is in memoriam or tribute to a special member of your family or a special friend.
Remember – as CWVRG, Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for profit, your donation is tax deductible. Upon receipt of your gift we will forward a tax deductible receipt. Thanks for any help you can provide! Your generous donation is much appreciated and will benefit our beloved red dogs!
One easy way to help is to let your fingers do the walking and donate through PayPal!
Just click on the button below.
Other ways to Support us:
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RESCUE EFFORTS
-Provided by Rebecca Dowdell, Utah/Idaho Vizsla Rescue Group
Much can be done to support your local rescue efforts, even if you cannot foster dogs. Here is a list of things to look over and offer to your local group.
- Help the local group create a call list of local shelters. You need to get a contact name, ask about their policies on dogs such as how long they hold them, and ask whether they work with rescue groups. You may have organizations that they do not know about. Get your name or the local rescue person’s name on the list. If they do not work with groups just keep calling every week. Send them a letter and a good photo of a Vizsla; full body shot, tail showing etc. so they know what to look for.
- Shop thrift stores, flea markets, and garage sales for blankets (not electric) that can be used for bedding. Any size blanket, baby to king works and they can be cut down to size and hemmed. Look for collars, leashes and the large or XL crates.
- Buy an extra can or bag of food, treats, or a toy every time you buy for your dogs and store up a bag of goodies for rescue.
- Offer to help drive a dog to it’s new home. A few hours of driving makes a big difference. If you are going on a vacation to another state contact the rescue groups between states to see if they need a dog transported. A list of coordinators in listed on the Vizsla Club of America home page at http://clubs.akc.org/vizsla/rescue.htm
- Take a rescue dog on a socialization outing. Go to the pet store, to the park, to the vet, or to play in your yard for a few hours and give the foster folks a breather.
- If you are a breeder donate $10 per puppy to a rescue group and make sure you use a contract that gives the buyer the incentive to contact you if they cannot keep the dog. Or take an amount of the purchase price and ask buyers to write a check to the rescue group of your choice.
- When at dog shows, state fairs, craft fairs (even outside your area), look for rescue group booths. Ask if they have a local contact for Vizsla rescue. If they don’t or don’t know if they do, take their information and forward it to Vizsla rescue and find then send Vizsla rescue info to the group.
- Pick an amount of money ($1, $5, $10, you get the idea) and send a monthly check to the rescue group of your choice for each dog they rescued that month.
- Send a donation to a rescue group for special occasions in your life or that of your dogs, cats, etc. (birthday, wedding anniversary, show/hunt wins).